At Murray & Josephson, we are specialists in the area of estates and trusts, and can advise you on ways to substantially reduce your estate taxes. If you are concerned about your estate, or that of a parent or friend, you should schedule a meeting with us to learn about your options. During this initial meeting, we will:
- Estimate the taxes that the estate will owe
- Determine whether all of the estate’s papers are in order (e.g., wills, deeds, proxies)
- Determine whether estate planning is necessary
- Discuss ways to minimize estate and income taxes
Why Use Us?
We have special expertise that distinguishes us from other accountants:
- We’re Specialists – Our practice is lead by Mark Josephson, a veteran estate and trust accountant who serves on the Estate Planning Committee and the Income For Estates and Trust Committee of the New York State Society of CPAs.
- Vast Experience – We have advised dozens of estates both large and small, including extremely complex estates with assets in excess of $20 million.
We offer a variety of services for estates and trusts, including
- Estate Planning – Advice on ways to minimize estate taxes.
- Preparation of Tax Returns – Estate, gift and income tax returns.
- Judicial Accounting – Formal documentation of the assets, liabilities, income and expenses of an estate.